About Internet Secrets Made Easy
I like to help Small Business Owners who are struggling to get their head around all this “Internet Stuff”
And I do that several ways
- I run 101 workshops, the fundamental stuff you need to know before you embark on your Online Presence
- I do in-house training and implementation sessions with Business Owners, this is where I help you identify your online market and then match your Marketing Message to the needs of your Online Buyer
- I have a Digital Marketing Agency and we help you outsource all that “Techie Stuff” or manage the whole process for you
I love people and more importantly I love to help others grow in their business world and personal lives and for a season of time I may be able to help you in your business or personal life,
I apologise right up front if I appear to be long winded.
but everybody is different and some people don’t need a lot of information before they are ready to “get on the bus” and say “yep, that’s what I need!” and others, well, they want to know every little detail, all the nitty gritty stuff and then more still!
So, that is why it may appear long winded to some of you
Now you don’t have to read everything to see if I can help solve your challenges, in fact skim over it quickly, then decide if I can help you and go back and “check me out” more closely.
A Man’s Word Is His Word
The culture and society that I was raised in, was a handshake was your signature and a man’s word was his word and be dammed to anyone who did not honour his word or handshake
So, some what I am about to share with you is not full of testimonies from others, I can only “shake your hand” and say my word is my word
I have since learnt that our society today has lost the integrity and honour that once was so highly valued so I have collected testimonies in later years from others to endorse my claims
I was born in in rural Victoria, Australia and currently live in Bairnsdale, Australia with my best mate, my wife Karen.
I was raised on a sheep and beef property that my parents pioneered in a small country town in the Gippsland region of Victoria called Trafalgar.
Like my ancestors, I have a pioneering spirit and the ability to spot opportunities, I cannot help but see opportunities all around me.
Unlike many I am not part of the “status quo”, my restless nature and life’s experiences are variegated and multi-coloured and this have given me great insight into marketing and understanding the psychology of people and their buying behaviour.
Over the years I have seen many opportunities and created many start-ups, “firsts” in business and transformed the sales results of many businesses I worked for. such as;
- Building, opening and operating the first commercial ski lodge at Mt Baw Baw.
- Started the first “Snow Foam” cavity fill insulation business in Gippsland,
- Started my own used car detailing business in Sydney.
- Starting and creating a very successful used car business in Morwell Victoria, in 1986 I fitted out an empty yard and started with 8 cars worth $15,000, by December 1989 I had 95 cars in stock valued at $950,000 and 33 people working for me and one month due to some clever TV marketing strategies we sold and delivered 85 vehicles.
- In 1998 Karen and I introduced a wellness/discipleship course to Australia and over a 2-3 year period some 4-5000 people went through the course in Australia and new Zealand.
- In 2001 - 2005 I co-authored a 12 months Holistic Course, an “off the shelf all done for you” complete with coaches instructional manuals
- Around 2005 - I re-joined the motor trade and quickly moved back into management roles – as new vehicles manager for Duhig Ford Essendon - I achieved the status of being one of the top 25 Ford dealers in Australia for new vehicle sales volume.
- I love used cars sales so I moved to Brighton Toyota as used car sales manager and within 90 days we were selling 100% of our stock each month all over Australia via internet sales. One my most spectacular results was 25 vehicles sold on AFL grand final weekend - a notoriously quiet weekend - and it was the result of a very clever online marketing campaign I conceived.
- In 2007 I created a 3 day in-house Used Car Internet Clinic to help the RACV Dealer Approved Network and other automotive dealers increase their used car sales on the internet and the results were spectacular
- Built websites for two Toyota Dealerships and it was my first foray into outsourcing the labour overseas, and there was some expensive lessons learnt, The first web site was profitable and the second site was a nightmare working with Indian companies and it cost me plenty and lost money in the second project, took a heavy toll on my marriage (no I didn’t divorce and now we are more in love than ever.)
- In 2010 I went to a Mal Emery 3 day seminar (Sell Fest) in Sydney and out of that the vision for Internet Secrets Made Easy was birthed.
- I started ISME because I saw many Business Owners lashing out thousands of dollars buying training courses at events and then going home and putting them on the shelf because they could not find the time nor the necessary marketing skills needed for the incredibly steep learning curve to embrace the internet.
- To make it affordable for a Small Business Owner, I knew outsourcing the majority of the labor was essential and decided to create and manage my own outsourcing team in the Philippines.
- I made many mistakes in choosing the right team, but once I applied the same recruitment and training principles I have successfully used in Australia, the mistakes are now minimal
- In 2010 I founded a company called Internet Secrets Made Easy to help Small Business Owners transform their online business with a “Hold Your Hand – All Done For You” Turn-Key Service to get More Leads, More Sales and More Profit
- and that has now morphed into a Training and Digital Marketing Strategist Service for Small Business Owners
In between the times of owning my own business’s I worked for other companies, as a sales person and would quickly gravitate to a management role When I look back over 38 years of sales and marketing, I cannot help but smile at some of my youthful exuberance and the satisfaction of helping customers’ fulfil their needs.
My very first job in sales I tripled their sales in 12 months without any formal sales training.
When I first started selling cars (and listened to some training stuff) I quickly achieved the status as being one of GMH’ s top sales people on a national level.
Within three years I became sales manager for some large Sydney Dealerships and trained and developed sales teams to become some of the best sales volume dealerships in Sydney.
- For example I took the new car division of a Sydney Toyota dealership to No.1 in NSW and No.3 in Australia
- Doubled the sales of a Sydney Nissan dealership in 30 days and did the same with a Sydney Mitsubishi dealership in 60-90 days.
- After returning to Gippsland I helped a local Ford Dealer become the top selling dealership East of Melbourne in the first 90 days of them taking over the dealership.
- In the 90’s I got paid to sell mini web sites and learn how to use Computers, navigate me way around the internet and how it worked.
And this gave me insight into what is now the biggest transformation in the way we do business and a thirst to learn more about this exciting marketing revolution.
In many ways my career path has been my ability to assess almost any given situation, see the big picture and have the necessary administration and marketing skills to develop an infrastructure or framework for others to follow.
I have two main passions in life: My first passion is marketing, particularly online marketing and I see the internet as the greatest media and marketing opportunity in history.
I love people and my second passion is to be a catalyst and facilitator in developing people to become leaders and mentors of others.
Over the years I have continually sought to grow mentally, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually. I have a passion to learn from those that have the “rungs on the board,” who teach others out of their own life experiences I love the whole “online marketing thing” and see it as the greatest media marketing opportunity in history.
I love helping Small Business Owners get their head around this “Internet Thing” and transform their online presence — Taking on the “Big Guys” and staking a claim in this new form of media.
The list of self-development courses I have taken and the books is have read is extensive, but here is a small list of courses that I have completed
- Completed Two Fortune Instructor Development Programs
- Completed CarSales Internet training.
- Completed the Go Incorporated Clint McGee “Road to a Sale” program.
- Studied, completed and successfully applied the “Control Incorporated” sales system
- Recruited and trained sales people under the Control sales system.
- Studied personality profiles for recruiting staff and client relationship
- Completed a course on recruiting staff by Steve Brown.
- Studied and taught Selling with NLP.
- Studied Body language and how it applies to sales
- Completed Intermediate MS Word course with ATC Training.
- Completed level one and two MS PowerPoint course with ATC Training.
- Completed Two Dale Carnegie Courses, 1st as student and 2nd as an assistant leader.
- Internet and marketing proficiency courses
- Continual and ongoing thirst for knowledge about Online Marketing
- Continual and ongoing thirst for Knowledge about spiritual growth
- Continual and ongoing thirst for knowledge about personal self-development
my desire is to help you in any way I can and I look forward to the day when I have the opportunity to meet you personally.