How to Outsource Your Online Presence Correctly
Recommended Outsourcing Sites
You’re already doing a 60 to 80-hour workweek, who’s going to do all this? Here’s some outsourcing sites that are on the net that you can go and get it done.
These outsourcing sites have various successes and they all got their strengths and weaknesses in them. Here are the benefits:
1. worldwide pool of expertise
2. lower labour rates
3. visible productivity snapshots
4. fixed price agreements
5. payment guarantees
The contractors are guaranteed they get paid
6. Each contractor has a referral/rating system
At the conclusion of every contract you are asked to rate the contractor
7. Dispute policy’s.
There are disputes policies for your protection.
8. low cost team
9. usually no cost to subscribe to
10. pay a percentage on contract or hourly rate
Usually it’s about 10% of what you’re doing. If mastered correctly, it’s a very cost-effective way of doing business if you have the time to manage them.
1. Can be dud contractors
2. Can steal your ideas
3. If you have no expertise in a field, how can you choose wisely
4. Monitoring work is time consuming
5. Wrong choices can be expensive
It’s just no different to recruiting or training any staff.
6. May not be as proficient as they claim
7. Agency contractors—head man and then receive inferior contractor, I NEVER use agencies
8. Some contractors abuse the system
9. Being offshore—can be difficult to manage (my experiences)
But, if mastered correctly, it is a very cost effective way of doing Business, if you have the time to manage them.
How to Outsource Correctly
1. Have clear job specifications
2. Outline clearly required skills
3. Right skills for right job
4. Observe the rating system
5. When posting a job place a ‘code word’ in job description this must be in reply—disqualified if not in application reply.
6. Skype chat – English must be good
If they can’t speak good English, we won’t work with them, it’s just too hard.
7. If it is a long term project short list and assign small testing tasks
8. Same task for all contractors on short list:
- monitor response
- competence efficiency
- response time
9. Personality Profile test (My personal choice)
I’ve been doing a personality profile test in recruiting people since the early ’80s so I don’t employ anyone now unless we do a personality profile test.
10. Plus, I have a set of interview questions that I use and it is the same interview questions and process that I use to employ local staff
Over the years, I’ve developed a successful recruiting and training process for overseas contractors.
Choosing a Country
It’s no magic wand, it sounds like it’s really easy to do but it’s not that easy to do.
I’ve chosen the Philippines as the choice of people.
- Well educated
- English is 2nd language
- Hard working
- Unlikely to steal your ideas
- Easy to work with
- Low labour rates, yet it still offers the contractor a high quality of life
- Long term loyalty